Mosquito season varies from year to year depending on temperature, moisture and other conditions but the worst states have the shortest winters that increases the breeding season which puts them in the top 5. Mosquitoes aren’t just a nuisance but can be a major health concern, no matter where you live. Believe it or not, more people die from Malaria each year than by auto accidents and cancer combined. You’re probably not likely to contract Malaria anytime soon but other diseases like West Nile, Hepatitis and Zika are transmitted by mosquitoes all over the US.
Here are the Top 5 most mosquito-ridden states in the country this time of year:
5. North Carolina – Both of the Carolina’s have a mosquito problem but Charlotte ranks among the worst in U.S. due to the higher population .
4. Georgia – Georgia is hot and humid come summer, and the bugs love it.
3. Louisiana – It comes as no surprise that the Bayou is a haven for mosquitoes. The swampy grasslands attract all kinds of mosquitoes.
2. Texas –The Lone Star State with its humid summers actually has the most cases of West Nile Virus in the country so Texas is a bad place to get bitten.
1. Florida – Florida is known for their beaches but also have more “skeeters” than any other state in the U.S. Between the humid temperatures and lots of standing water Florida is a haven for bugs.
Many property owners wait until they see a swarm of mosquitoes however it’s never too early to treat your property! (772) 210-4210